From C. J. Mahaney
This is my life list. This is not a list that I have assembled from the last month of my life. This would be a list; really looking back now over…30 years of seeking to grow in grace.
So think of this as a list of recommendations, not requirements…recommendations…for your consideration. Custom design your own list. But let me impress this on you…you should have a list…you should be purposeful about this.
Each day you should be addressing your greatest enemy and cultivating your greatest friend. So here’s how I attempt to mortify pride and cultivate humility.
- Study the attributes of God, especially His incommunicable attributes
- Reflect on the wonder of the Cross of Christ
- Study the Doctrines of Grace
- Study the Doctrine of Sin
- Cultivate spiritual disciplines
- Invite and pursue correction
- Encourage and serve others each and every day
- Identify evidences of grace in others
- Respond humbly to trials
- Discern your thorns
- Use unflattering illustrations of yourself publicly
- Recognize your theological limitations
- Prepare to be replaced
- Recognize your relative unimportance
- Laugh at others when you are the object of humor
- Play golf as much as possible…
- Read as many of C.H. Spurgeon’s sermons as possible
Copyright 2002 Sovereign Grace Ministries