It has been awhile since I have blogged. I’m gonna be honest here…I am uber-busy, which is the new way of saying super-busy. We are very busy. I’m not even sure where this Spring has gone and now it is Summer. Let’s see…
- Ansa had a birthday in March. We took a birthday trip to Atlanta. We spent the day at the Georgia Aquarium. It was a blast. We had lunch across the street at Johnny Rockets. That was cool for them. The waiter gave them a nickel apiece, so the kids got to put it in their little juke box and pick a song, none of which they knew. Their selections were funny. They did the b’day song for Ansa and she got a special balloon and cake. The Aquarium was quite awesome and another display of God’s goodness through His creation. We saw big fish, a whale, turtles, squids, and much more. We were beside the various aquariums and under others. We leaned into some and touch some of the creatures. It was fun.
- My birthday trip was in May and we went back home. I wanted to take the kids to my old stomping grounds. They were mostly thrilled about the trip. The highlight was a stop at my first job as a 12-year old punk kid. It was at Judd’s Restaurant. I was the busboy. After the meal I bused the tables and the kids took pictures of me picking up the dishes, cleaning the table and placing the tray in the window for the dishwashers to wash. That “window” was the place where I hurt my back 39-years ago and things have never been the same. I was over-ambitious. It was a thrill to bus that table. There was a 39-year gap in that activity as well. Judd’s has hardly changed a bit. The duct tape was in the window and the signs and cushions were all the same. It was amazing. Really amazing. The new owner, a nephew of Judd Parker gave me two official Judd’s Restaurant mugs. How cool is that. They weigh about two pounds apiece. Those things are very thick.
- We made a beach trip to Folly Island for our business. Our friends, Getz Photography, wanted to do some beach shots and so we went a day at the beach. The photo shoot took about 4 hours. The pics look awesome. Those guys are good.
- We made another trip to Atlanta to the World of Coke Museum, which is right beside the Georgia Aquarium. The kids really loved that as well, though it was quite a bit different than the GA. They sampled a ton of cokes from all over the world. The one from Italy was perfectly gross. They also gave us each a bottled (glass) coke. We saved those for home, a few weeks later.
- We are still working out twice per week with the boot camp we run. There are about 10 to 15 friends that show up twice per week in the park and we sweat it out for an hour. That has been fun and good community for our friends.
- The pool is open and the kids are super-charged about that. It has been refreshing.
- I bought a bike this Spring and now have a new hobby. I try to ride at least every Tuesday night at Donaldson Center. There are several hundred bikers that ride on Tuesdays. We typically do 30 miles. I have been riding with another friend and one of my pastors on Wed afternoon. I’m thankful for a job where I can take off whenever I want and it not cut into family time. I fell over once. I had someone fall on me once and we both went down. And I was bitten in the butt by a dog once. That hurt.
- In April Lucia and I ran a 5K in Greer. That was fun.
- We also bought the P90X workout program, so Lucia and I have been working out one hour per day for the past two months, in addition to bike riding and our boot camps. The “yoga day” is actually 90 minutes and it is the hardest of all. I thought yoga would be a break. It’s a killer.
- A friend let us come over and go horseback riding one day. The kids really loved that. They can’t remember being on a horse, though Tristen and Haydn have, so that was good.
- The kids recently finished a week of VBS. God did some good stuff there and also used our kids to model the Gospel to the VBS folks.
- They also finished another year of AWANA at our church. They may have memorized 75 verses and did a ton of things.
- Tristen is getting ready to go to camp for a week in July. She is stoked. She gets to go with her best friend at our church.
- My business is going bonkers (that’s a good thing).
- Lucia has finished another homeschool year
- We’re doing tons of hospitality
- We’re officially starting/leading a small group at our church this Sunday
- My board meets as a small group, once per month for about 6 hours each meeting
This is part of the reason I slowed down blogging on our family page: God’s blessing is overflowing.
I have also cut back on blogging on my business page. I was blogging everyday for two years, but have just cut back to blogging Monday – Friday. That has helped. I’ve had to cut back on my business in order to maintain our busy family time. God is good.